The Rotax 912 and 914 series engines are well known to be slow to warm up and also to lose temperature while on extend cruise.
The answer is a thermostat system but not any old crude system will do for your Rotax.
SprintAero offer a complete thermostat kit which uses a self contained Thermostat, with a long and successful history in its own right, and added the required hoses and joiners to give the owner a properly operating and reliable system.
- What is a “bypass system”. In this system when the engine is warming up the water in the engine and piping is allowed to circulate to keep all the temperatures as even as possible. When the required temperature has been achieved the operating temperature the thermostat simultaneously closes the bypass and opens the path to the radiator allowing cooling to begin. The thermostat will drop back to circulating within the engine anytime the heat output from the engine isn’t enough to maintain the required temperature. There is no need for butchering the thermostat to give bleeds for air or for permanently open cross tubes that lower the efficiency of the system on a hot day.
- Why SprintAero’s kit: because it uses high quiality components and provides everything needed to carry out the installation
- 1 of thermostat ( 32 mm connections ) – replacements available from multiple suppliers
- 3 of short lengths of 32 mm hose for adaptions
- 2 of 32mm – 25mm aluminium CNC machined adapters
- 1 of 32mm – 25mm aluminium CNC machined adapter with restriction for link pipe
- 1 of 25 mm stainless fabricated T piece with 15 mm restriction in cross link pipe to assist warm up
- 10 of stainless hose clips
- 1 metre of 25 mm hose for the cross link.