Our team is passionate about it’s products and advancing technology that make real gains for our clients.
SprintAero excels at custom projects of all types that are designed to meet specific requirements.
Our considerable skill-set and experience in problem-solving, design, CAD, engineering and fabrication skills allows us to deliver effective solutions.
We’re a friendly bunch who know our stuff so if you’d like something created for your project then call Phil now to have a chat about it.
Past custom projects
- Built Experimental and Microlight aircraft
- Designed and manufactured engine cowlings for a number of experimental aircraft
- Designed cooling systems for aircooled and watercooled engine installations
- Designed and manufactured improved engine ducting for a WestField XTR2 race car
- Designed and built electro/hydraulic adjustable front ride height for roadable trackday cars.
- Designed and manufactured height and angle adjusters for the engines of the ThunderCat raceboats
- Designed and from billet new central tillers for the Tohatsu engines in the ThunderCat raceboats
- Designed and built a modernised and rigid Formula-V, VW powered racecar.
- Worked with peer reviewed leading edge piston engine design
Current custom projects include
- Designing a serious mountain bike using a gearbox at its core, “Mass Centralization” being the watchwords for this customer
- Designing complete engine mounting and cooling packages for Microlights that will be efficient, low drag, reliable and compact.
Starting with the two most commonly used engines – the Rotax 912 and the Hirth 3701 ranges
- Designing interesting and safe ride cars for 7.25″ model railways for club use that are resistant to derailing and keeps the customers toes out of trouble.
- Developing an engine for constant speed and high load applications for an external client.
The requirement was to create "spitfire like radiators". This required an internal profile to broaden and slow the air as well as the external profile which includes a variable door at the rear. The radiators will have two main pipes plus a small air bleed pipe.
Norton Rotary in a Corby
The installation requirements were for a very slim and fighter like look. the intake, cooling and exhaust manifolds were completely redesigned to achieve that result and still not compromise the engine
7.25 inch Model Rail
We are working on rail cars that are resistant to derailing and keep the customers toes safe.
The request from the owner was support in intake and exhaust drag reduction. we supported the owner in the design of this while he carried out the majority of the actual work.
The Westfield XTR2 before and after we had designed and built a complete new engine cover to reduce drag from the oversized " basking shark mouthed "original and improve airflow to the updated intake plenum.
Unpacking a customers BD5 after it arrived from the US, watch this space for future progress as we develop an improved propeller and cooling package for this.
The request was again for the reduction in intake and exhaust drag. we worked with the owner to improve the cooling flows to the point that the side exits were always shut and the lower exit was just the clearance around the exhaust pipes and still we over cooled! we also worked extensively with the owner to improve the cruise performance so he could fly Invercargill to Hobart using around 18 litres per hour.